That’s a wrap, folks! The first day of fall—September 22—brought the final Thursday Evening Sunset event of the 2016 season.
And what a great year it was. Through great weather and not so great weather (we certainly had more than our share of Thursday thunder storms this year!), the community flocked to the mountain for the best sunset view in Charlottesville.
What is dinner without a little music? Thank you to the talented local artists who performed throughout the season. Artists included:
- 180 Band – favorite rock/dance tunes from the 60s through today
- 2 Wishes – 50’s and 60s covers and original rock, country, and soul
- Folk Medicine – contemporary songs in Old Time and Traditional vocal style
- Fulltone to the Max – timeless blues and classic rock
- Gary Broyles – covers of blues, Motown, British Invasion, and country
- Greg Ward – vocalist, guitarist, songwriter, and producer – seasoned in his reggae roots
- Local Vocals – 60s and 70s classic rock
- Lock Jaw – 5 piece rock and blues cover band
- Matthew McAllister – independent folk singer/songwriter
- Oh Wow Boy! – retro Americana
- Steve Michael Smith – blues, jazz, roots
- Together S.O.U.L – Americana and folk music with male-female harmonies
- Tyler Dick – Covers spanning 5 decades, your favorite rock and soul music, with his own originals to boot
Thank you to everyone who spent their Thursday evenings with us. We’ll see you on the mountain for sunset views, dinner and drinks, and live music next year!