We’re glad you are visiting us here in Crozet! Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit.
Pick-Your-Own Fruit Guidelines
- You are responsible for paying for everything you pick—please watch your children!
- You are welcome and encouraged to bring your own containers for picking. We do provide plastic bags if you do not have containers.
- Please respect our private property, and only pick in areas that are open. Not all fruit is ripe at the same time!
- All fruit and merchandise must be paid for PRIOR to putting it in your car. Please keep your receipt handy—we reserve the right to check them in the parking lots. We will prosecute any and all thefts.
- For safety, climbing of trees is not permitted.
- Do not throw fruit, or put any on the ground. If you pick it, it must go in your bag, and you must pay for it.
General Orchard Guidelines
- Chiles Peach Orchard is a non-smoking, no tobacco facility. This includes electronic/vapor cigarettes and chewing tobacco. Smoking is not permitted ANYWHERE on our property. Yes, this includes all outdoor areas!
- The use of alcohol and drugs is not permitted on our property.
- This is private property; all grounds, buildings, and roads are open to the public only during our posted hours.
- Dress properly! This is a working farms, and the ground can be uneven. Depending on the weather, it may be dusty, muddy, slick, etc. Proper footwear is important, close-toed shoes are recommended. We do our best to keep poison ivy at bay; if you are allergic, long pants are recommended.
- Sunscreen is always a good idea.
- Help us keep our orchard clean and safe. Trash cans are provided; please put litter in it’s proper place.
- No grilling or open flames are permitted at any time.
- We love dogs too, but we recommend leaving your pets at home. We often have large crowds; some pets don’t do well around strangers and keep in mind that while many people love pets, many also do not. Please be respectful. If you choose to bring your pet, please keep the following in mind: Pets must be socialized, well-behaved, and leashed at all times. They are not permitted in our store or on a hayride (and at Chiles Peach Orchard, pets are not permitted in our strawberry and pumpkin patches). Owners must also be socialized and well-behaved – please clean up after your pet, even in the orchard. Do not leave your pet in the car. Keeping in mind the safety and well-being of your pet, it’s usually best to leave him/her at home.
Be our partner, help keep prices down, and report any activity that shows disregards for our policies.
Interested in taking photos? Professional and novice photographers and their clients must respect our photography guidelines.