We’re glad you are visiting us here in Crozet! Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit.
LAST REVISED: JUNE 29, 2020
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Stay home if you’re sick. If you are not feeling well, have a fever, are sneezing or coughing, or have any health issues, please stay home until your symptoms have passed.
Wear protective masks. We ask that guests and customers wear masks or face coverings when coming inside our markets, restrooms, or other indoor spaces.
Keep your distance. Please maintain at least 6 feet of social distance between yourself and other parties while you are here.
We reserve the right to close the fields for picking at any time, due to weather conditions, lack of ripe fruit, non-compliance of our policies, or other unforeseen reasons. View today’s picking availability at Chiles Peach Orchard
Prior to Picking
Limit the size of picking parties to small groups from the same household (including children). Larger parties will be split into smaller groups for picking.
Check-in at our picking station prior to entering the fields.
Pre-pay for PYO fruit containers: To minimize contact and maximize safety, we will not be weighing fruit this year.
- Only containers provided by the Orchard will be permitted for picking.
- No backpacks, purses, or other bags/baskets permitted in the fields.
- Do not mix fruits—separate containers must be purchased for each fruit (when applicable).
Sanitize your hands at our station before (and after) picking.
While Picking & After
Do not eat fruit in the field. We recommend washing all fruit at home prior to consuming it.
Do not throw any fruit on the ground. Any fruit you touch must go into your picking container. (Parents, watch your children!)
Only pick in the areas you are instructed to enter. Not all fruit is ripe at the same time.
Please exit the field once you fill your containers so we can allow others to enter.
Keep track of time. We will close for picking no later than 45 minutes prior to our closing time. View hours
Pay for fruit and merchandise PRIOR to putting it in your car. Please keep your receipt handy—we reserve the right to check them in the parking lots.
Respect your surroundings
Follow all instructions on our signage and from our staff members.
Only pick in the areas you are instructed to enter. Keep in mind that Chiles Peach Orchard is a working farm—not all areas are open to the public and not all fruit ripens at the same time.
Be kind to our trees. Do not climb the trees or shake the branches.
We do not provide stick pickers. If you choose to bring your own, it must be an “official” fruit picker, and not a homemade version, as these are not effective and cause fruit to fall to the ground. No butterfly nets, pool nets, soda bottle on a stick, etc.
Dress properly. Depending on the weather, it may be dusty, muddy, slick, etc., and the ground can be uneven. Sturdy, close-toed shoes are recommended. Although we do our best to keep poison ivy at bay, long pants are preferable. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
Please put litter in its proper place. Trash cans are provided in and around the market, tasting rooms, patio, and pavilion.
Watch your children. Parents are responsible for their children’s actions at all times.
No Ifs, Ands, or Buts
- No dogs or other pets. Service dogs are permitted.
- No outside food or drink.
- No outside alcohol is permitted by ABC law. Bold Rock Hard Cider is available for purchase.
- No smoking or vaping anywhere on our property, including parking lots, orchards, or any of our grounds.
- No grilling, fireworks, incense, or open flames.
- No trespassing. All of our orchards are private property; grounds, buildings, and roads are open to the public only during our posted hours.
- No drugs.
- No stealing. We will prosecute any and all thefts.
- No weapons. The only exception is for law enforcement officers.
Interested in taking photos? Please note our photography guidelines.