Happy Birthday America 2019
Celebrate America’s 243rd Birthday with a day of good, old-fashioned family fun!
Get in the spirt of the 4th of July and join our family-friendly games like Water Balloon Toss, 3-Legged Race, Sack Races, and more.
Enjoy hayrides in the afternoon until dusk, live music from 3pm to 9pm, and delicious all-American food, cold refreshing sweet cider, hard cider, and wine.
We’ll stay open late so you can view the local fireworks happening around Charlottesville!
- No outside alcohol permitted, by state ABC law.
- No sparklers or fireworks permitted.
- Carter Mountain is NOT setting off fireworks – we’re providing a place to view other fireworks
- All activities are subject to change due to weather.
- 12pm - 8pm
- Mountain Grill open
- Serving an all-American menu including burgers, dogs, pulled pork, and of course, apple pie!
- 3pm - 6pm
- Live music by Lock Jaw
- Playing classic rock and dance music
- 4pm -
- Old fashioned sack races
- 2pm - 5pm
- weather permitting
- 6pm -
- Water balloon toss
- Kids and Adults
- 6pm - 9pm
- Live music by John Marshall Mays Band
- 9pm - 9:30pm-ish
- Viewing of local fireworks
- 10pm -
- Grounds and parking lots closed by 10pm