We’re glad you are visiting us here at Spring Valley! Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit.
Pick-Your-Own Fruit Guidelines
- You are responsible for paying for everything you and your family and group pick—please watch your children!
- Please check in with our friendly staff prior to picking. You must follow all verbal instructions from our staff and all written signs.
- Please respect our private property, and only pick in areas that you’ve been directed to. Not all fruit is ripe at the same time! Please follow all written signs and verbal instructions from our staff.
- You are welcome and encouraged to bring your own containers for picking. We do provide plastic bags if you do not have containers.
- All fruit and merchandise must be paid for PRIOR to putting it in your car. Please keep your receipt handy—we reserve the right to check them in the parking lots. We will prosecute any and all thefts.
- For safety, climbing of trees is not permitted.
- Do not throw fruit, or put any on the ground. If you pick it, it must go in your bag, and you must pay for it.
General Orchard Guidelines
- Our orchards are non-smoking, no tobacco facilities. This includes electronic/vapor cigarettes and chewing tobacco. Smoking is not permitted ANYWHERE on our property, including buildings, parking lots, orchards, grounds, etc.
- The use of drugs and alcohol is not permitted on our property.
- Possession of firearms, knives, or any other weapons is prohibited on property, even if legally carried. The only exception is for law enforcement officers.
- This is private property; all grounds, buildings, and roads are open to the public only during our posted hours. Please do not enter the orchard when we are closed.
- Dress properly. This is a working farm, and the ground can be uneven. Depending on the weather, it may be dusty, muddy, slick, etc. Proper footwear is important, close-toed shoes are recommended. We do our best to keep poison ivy at bay; if you are allergic, long pants are recommended.
- Sunscreen is always a good idea.
- Help us keep the orchard clean and safe. Trash cans are provided; please put litter in it’s proper place.
- No grilling or open flames are permitted at any time.
- We love dogs too, but we recommend leaving your pets at home. We often have large crowds; some pets don’t do well around strangers and keep in mind that while many people love pets, many also do not. Please be respectful. If you choose to bring your pet, please keep the following in mind: Pets must be socialized, well-behaved, and leashed at all times. Owners must also be socialized and well-behaved – please clean up after your pet, even in the orchard. Do not leave your pet in the car. Keeping in mind the safety and well-being of your pet, it’s usually best to leave him/her at home.
Be our partner, help keep prices down, and report any activity that shows disregard for our policies.
Interested in taking photos? Professional and novice photographers and their clients must respect our photography guidelines.