Apples are one of the most versatile foods around! They are delicious as main meals, desserts, side dishes, or just for eating!
Tips for Cooking with Apples
- Generally, the tart taste of an apple is best for cooking, while sweeter apples are preferred for snacking and for salads.
- Use apple juice or cider to glaze turkey, ham or chicken.
- Poach fish fillets in apple juice or cider.
- Mix mayonnaise with equal parts of apple juice as dressing for fruit, ham, chicken.
- Mix sour cream and apple juice with chopped herbs to make dip for raw vegetables.
- Use apple juice instead of liquid in recipes for corn muffins, biscuits, breads, rolls, pancakes, waffles and omelets.
- Fold apple juice thickened with cornstarch into whipped topping with finely chopped fruits and nuts for an easy parfait.
- For a fast and healthy syrup for pancakes, waffles or french toast, thicken heated apple juice with cornstarch and lemon juice.