It’s on—our Second Annual Mountain BBQ Challenge and Cook-off!
Calling all “Grill Masters”! Show off your grilling skills and take the BBQ challenge on Saturday, August 20th at Carter Mountain Orchard. To keep the grilling field fair, competitions will be held at the Professional, Amateur, and Youth levels, with awards given for each division. (Watch a short news clip on last year’s BBQ contest.)
- All “Youth” grillers will be required to be assisted and supervised by an adult.
- All grilling contestants must use one Carter Mountain Orchard product in their barbeque masterpiece.
- Grilling options can include but not limited to: beef, pork, chicken, and lamb.
- All grillers must bring and supply their own grill, fire extinguisher, meat, and utensils.
- Contestants must supply paper plates and plastic forks for tastings.
Grillers set up in designated grilling location beginning at 9 am, when the Orchard opens. Contestants will grill between 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. Food presentation and judging will begin at 1 pm.
Let us know you are participating so we save you a space! Email our event manager, or call 434-977-1833.
Love to play cornhole? We’ll have competitions going on all day. It’s all in good fun, and we’ll have prizes too!